Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I was asked to share my feelings on the atonement and resurrection with the primary kids  in sharing time later today.  I am very grateful for this assignment because it has made me think a lot more about why we celebrate Easter.  It is so much more than egg hunts, candies and baskets.  The resurrection is the center of Easter and we need to remember that.  New life is symbolized over and over with the eggs, spring, and baby chicks or bunnies.  Christ has done so much for each of us!  Without the resurrection the atonement would loose its purpose.  He made it possible for us to return to our Heavenly Father both spiritually and physically.  To me this is the greatest gift we could ever receive!  We need to remember how important this holiday is and what it represents.  We should give it as much recognition as Christmas!  I am so grateful for what our Savior has done for us.  I am indebted to him forever!  I hope as everyone celebrates this holiday, you won't get lost in the candy and eggs.  Remember what Easter is really all about.  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Beautiful thoughts...I couldn't agree more!