Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween 2011


We really like to have fun with Halloween! We had another fun murder mystery dinner that was Halloween themed this year.  We enjoyed family, food, costumes, decorations, and quite the macbre story!  Here are a few pictures!





For FHE the week before Halloween we invited Logan over to carve pumpkins.  We have done a lot of patterns in the past.  You know where you trace the picture and then carve?  So we decided to be creative this year and design our own faces.  Logan and Doug were the artists while I helped clean the pumpkins and then roasted the seeds.  We tried regular salted seeds, lemon pepper seeds, and a good harvest spice mix which had cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger in it.  They were all fabulous but I still like the salted the best.  Here are the carving efforts!


Can we take a normal picture?  Yeah right! HA!

For Halloween night Doug and I decided to stay home for the first time and hand out candy to trick or treaters.  We had a yummy pizza and movie (Hocus Pocus - a must!!) party all the while seeing the cute neighborhood kids dressed up!  I even got to see a few of my piano students :)!  I love to see all the fun and creative costumes and find so much joy in just handing out a few pieces of candy haha!  I don't know why but it is my favorite thing about Halloween.  Here's a few pictures of our Halloween night.








No comments: