Tuesday, November 2, 2010

August went in a blur...

August was filled with more fun...

We enjoyed the Boyer Reunion here in Rexburg.  I enjoyed sleeping in my bed while still being able to show up early and eat food.  We were pretty spoiled this reunion.  We loved seeing all of the Boyer aunts, uncles, cousins, and babies.  The activities, music, dancing, and church were all wonderful like always.

Doug and I painted Grandma Hansen's house.  This was fun but at the same time not so fun.  I loved spending the time with my husband but it was just flat out hard work.  We did work hard though and it turned out looking just beautiful.  From doing that we got to paint Aunt Sharlenes house which was once again fun but not.  No really we enjoyed ourselves and I love the sense of accomplishment when you get done with a hard project.

We went waterskiing a couple times with Bryant, Becca and Craig, and Dallin and the kids.  It was fun and beautiful.  Doug talked me into water skiing and I crashed hard like usual.  It's one of the many talents that I have not been blessed with.  I try though.  I have more fun watching Doug do the thing he absolutely loves.

Doug and his brothers went on Attempt # 2 to conquer The Grand.  Sadly the weather had other thoughts and they had to turn around and come back before they were up it.  Us women at home just chewed our nails and fretted around the house as we watched the black clouds gather.  We were very happy to see our men return home safely.  So next year I'm already planning for Attempt # 3. Hopefully it will be a success.

We filled our Fridays with working at the Farmers Market.  It has turned out to be a great way to advertise for my quilting/sewing projects.  I made a huge king sized Minkee quilt as a custom order and a crib set.  Both were started and finished in August so I was busy!  It was easier to work when Doug started school and I wasn't so tempted to spend all of my time playing!

School started and so did my daily visit to help with the 5th graders.  I have learned just how hard it is to teach in a class room setting and am so grateful that I am a one on one piano teacher!  Doug has so many 5th graders that he can't fit them all in one room.  So I get to take half of them on occasion, and attempt to teach them how to play the violin, viola, cello or bass.  I love the days I just get to tune and walk around fixing positions or answering questions!!  But I am learning a lot!

And that about sums up our August.  We spent time outside whenever we could and enjoyed a wonderful summer.

No comments: