Friday, February 26, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy....

I know I have been neglecting my blog lately!  Things have been extremely busy the past couple weeks.  What with Valentines Day and several quilt projects I find it easy to pass by the computer day after day.  But I will catch you up on what we have been up to.

Valentines Day was fun!  We have a tradition to go and stay in a little cabin up in Island Park.  It is a great way to break up the monotony of winter time.  Yes there is more snow up there but at least we are out of the house and adventuring!  My camera has died so I don't have pictures but the cabin was cozy and comfortable.  It even had a hot tub on the deck.  I've never been hot tubing in the winter so that was a first for me!

Burley got his first real hair cut.  I sat there and watched as all of his beautiful brown hair was shaved off.  I was very nervous to see what he would look like after and I hate to admit it, but I was scared he wouldn't be cute without his long locks.  However I was very pleased to see that he was still Burley and still extremely adorable. 
499565850_1756372311_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
He did so well sitting there for about an hour and a half while he was groomed.  He had a lot of hair! 

My quilting projects have been coming right along!   I love working on them and probably spend time sewing just about everyday.  Here are some pictures.

499567033_1756376878_0.jpg picture by jessw91788

499566556_1756375091_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
The pictures don't do them justice!  The colors are way better in person.  But all I have is my cell phone camera, sorry.
499566355_1756374284_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
These are all for the quilt I am making for my Mom.  The top two were just my favorite squares out of the 42 squares I made.  It is a Stack-n-Whack quilt so ever square turns out different.  The bottom picture is the sashing and corner squares.  The golden yellow color matches perfectly with the fancy wall my Sister and Dad painted.  I will have to get a picture of the room with the quilt and the wall when I'm finished.  I am starting to assemble the quilt top! Yay! so I will post some pictures when I get it going.

The crib set for Rachel:
499572533_1756398171_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
This is the quilt top.

499572127_1756396580_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
One of the bumpers in progress.

499572342_1756397428_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
A close up on the bumper.

499572709_1756398844_0.jpg picture by jessw91788
The cute little stars I had a blast making! : ) These go on the bumper and the duster.

Now that I have stuff actually put together I thought I could show this off.  When you have a stack of fabrics there isn't much to show : ).  I still have to finish the bumpers, quilt the quilt, and start the duster.  It is coming along nicely though!  When it is all done I will post a picture of it in the crib (which by the way is beautiful!).

I bought some Christmas fabric on sale to make a log cabin quilt! No I have not started it and I won't till I get these finished.  But I am super excited for it!

So as you can see this is what has been keeping me so very busy.  On top of this, I find time to teach piano, clean my house, and cook the food.  I guess I am not happy unless I'm busy, since I always seem to be busy.  At least I choose to be busy right?  


4 comments:

Richelle said...

I love your stack n whack quilts. They are so cool. The crib set is going to be sooo cute! I love the little starts.

Rach said...

jess you are simply amazing! i'm so glad you guys had a great time in isalnd park and i still just can't believe the crib set! it's perfect! i'm so in love with it! you're awesome!

Kendra and Karl said...

Ok, I have officially decided that you need to teach me how to quilt. Soon. Just looking at your stuff makes me want to get started. It's amazing.

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

Jessica, your quilts are beautiful! You have inspired me to FINALLY get started on my quilt...lol Thanks!