Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our California Trip


Well I'm a little slow getting back to life.  I do have a good reason I haven't posted for a while.  We went with the Dad Hansen and the high school on their California trip.  It was a lot of fun!
We got to go to Disneyland/California Adventure for 3 days!  It was great because we didn't have to try and cram it into just one day. We got to go on all the rides and still watch shows and parades.  It was a lot of fun too because we got to see Dallin and Leslie and their kids.
We also got to go see Wicked in LA!  It was fantastic and the theater was amazing!
We had never seen it before and it was a lot of fun!  If you haven't seen it you all should.  Its the story of how the wicked witch of the west became wicked.  And it is a great story :)


We also got to go see Medieval Times and it was a lot of fun!  We've been to it  a lot but its   

always fun!  The food was great and sadly our knight, the Blue Knight, didn't win.  But then again this time none of them won.  Instead it was the prince who came and conquered the green knight.  Lots of fun!

We also got to go to the San Diego Zoo.  It was amazing to see all of the animals.  Here are the pandas.  
 They were so cute!  Its a picture of mom and baby Zhen Zhen, which means precious.  They were just lounging and eating bamboo.  It was too much fun.  We got to see polar bears showing off and all kinds of monkeys (mostly grooming each other : ).  The Gorillas were amazing to watch and so much fun.  We didn't get to se the tiger because he was being lazy and sleeping somewhere.  But we did get to see the female lions and a few other big cats.  The elephants were just huge! It was a great trip. 

6 comments:

Brittany said...

That is soooo funny! We're headed to New York in 3 weeks & while we're there I want to see a broadway musical, but I didn't want to see Phantom because I want to go to it in Vegas. Then I saw the advertisement for Wicked. I read the book years ago and I absolutely loved it so I thought the production would be really good. I just wanted to talk to somebody who had seen it to make sure it was worth the moola. And then out of nowhere my sis goes!
Well it looks like you guys had a super fun time. 3 days is the way to do it.

Doug & Jessica Hansen said...

Yeah Britt its way awesome! You should go to it! Its a really good one and easy to understand. Sometimes I find myself lost in whats going on but this one was great! You would love it. What week are you going to New York? We plan on coming down to Nevada for a week in July on the 21st I think. but yeah hope you have a great time! I'd love to do something like that sometime.

Traci said...

We're so sad we couldn't go, but so happy you guys had such a great time! It sounds like an awesome trip! Wicked is amazing! I love it!

Richelle said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish we could have gone. Of course we are doing our own trip. :)
Wicked is awesome. I'm glad you got to see it.

The land of Vegas said...

Wow! You sure did a lot. I will have to keep that play in mind. I have never heard of it before. Maybe I will read the book.

Lara said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I SO want to see Wicked...someday...but glad to see you enjoyed it!